Monday, 6 August 2012

Hellooooo!

Howdy. Bonjour. Guten Tag. Ciao.

Yay getting a bit of use out of the brand new translator app which I downloaded today on my brand new IPhone...yes...IPhone. I am one of those cool people.

Anyway, I digress. I am Charlotte, I am 20 years old and have just finished my second year studying Primary Education and English at Reading University. And yes, I do want to be a teacher, a primary one. It is remarkable the number of times I get asked that. You would think it is pretty obvious considering that's what the degree title says.

Ideally though I have much bigger and more exciting plans for my life. Not that I want to diminish the teacher lifestyle in any way, I just don't think it's very me. Much as I love being in the classroom and working with the children, I hate all the other rubbish that goes with it...all the planning and target attainments and box ticking that the government requires. And, as the number of teachers who are getting smacked in the face with a chair are on the rise, I thought I would maybe think about a different career while my nose was still intact. Plus, I am far too lazy...I tend to cry if I have to get up before 10am, let alone being in school by 8am as I have had to do on my placements so far. Which meant that I had to get up at 7am at the latest. I was not a happy bunny. In fact, I think I did cry.

So, I have been thinking of a career that is a bit more me. And I came up with... writing. Now, this is definitely more up my street. Firstly, I don't have to get out of bed if I don't want to. Secondly, I don't have to perform every day in front of 30+ people. Thirdly, if I am ill (which I seem to be ALL THE TIME!!!) I can still go to work as I can do it bed and I can still write. Fourthly, you can earn a lot more money. Sometimes. Fifthly, I enjoy it more...and I think that is as many reasons that I could think of. But that's enough. And I am absolutely determined to make it happen! I know how hard it is but that makes me even more determined to succeed. And my first novel is on the way =] so you had all better watch out, I am going to be famous one day.

Don't really know what else to say now...dammit. And this blog post was going so well. I suppose I could talk about what I am going to do with this blog but to be honest I don't really know yet. I thought about it briefly and I figured I had the following options. I could either talk about:

1. My writing and how that is going and put some poems/creative pieces on here
2. My life in general and what's going on in it.
3. Reviews of books/films/theatre....I do quite a bit of that especially during term time when I write them for the university newspaper, Spark*
4. The general trials and tribulations of university students and university issues.
5. A very simplistic review/opinion of big events going on in the world.

To be honest, I will probably do a bit of all of that! So you will just have to wait and see :D And on that tantalising note, I will leave it there. Come back in a few days and I will try to think of something actually interesting to put here.

Like what I say?
Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CharlotteCoster
Follow me on Pinterest http://www.pinterest.com/CharliCoster/
Follow me on Instagram http://instagram.com/walkingintothesun
Like me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/theworldwetread

7 comments:

  1. Am I a bit of a stalker, Charlotte? I'm sat in a Hard Rock Cafe in San Francisco reading your blog, haha. I used to want to be a writer but I gave up because I never could finish anything! I have a myriad of unfinished stories and poems in my bedroom haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a stalker at all soph =] thankssss for checking it out and I am glad that my blog is a little more far reaching than my bedroom haha. Ooh you will have to show me pretty please when you get back?? And unfinished stories are the best - because you have already done the hard bit of thinking up an idea and getting it going. we will have to chat about this more when you are back in the country...when are you returning?? hope you're having an incredible time xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm back on the 22nd! I shall have to dig some out and share with you, and you must with me! Some of it will be written by my angst-y 15 yr old self, so you must not cringe! Hahahaa . What are you working on atm? xx

      Delete
    2. Yesss please do. And sure :D this will be exciting haha. Erm...I am actually writing a novel at the moment or three lol. One is on its second draft and being typed up while looking for a literary agent, and the others are just ideas really that I am right at the beginning of writing. And then I am doing this blog and a bit of kid's poetry :D lol. Do you still write now? x

      Delete
    3. Ooh sounds good! I want to read some of your stuff :) I don't write anymore ;( but I should because I really enjoy it! I just get really frustrated with myself because it never goes the way I want it to in my head haha xx

      Delete
    4. Yeah sure thing...not many people have read it so I am not really sure how good it is. We should have a write and share sesh hahaha. Yes do get back into it - its satisfying when you get it right but I know exactly what you mean. I start on scrap paper because when I start I normally need to have two or three goes and then after that its fine lol. But do do do get back into it. I have restarted practicing my instruments therefore you should start writing again :D x

      Delete
  3. Ok, that's sounds like a fair deal :p I will find some inspiration soon and start something up again! xx

    ReplyDelete