Tuesday, 5 February 2013

London and Bath

I have been a very busy bee recently and been running around all over the country - this is what I tend to do with my time instead of my uni work...it is far more fun, I can tell you. And this means I have exciting events to tell my beautiful readers all about. So it's a win win really.

So what have I been up to? Well. on the 30th January I headed over to London town which is only about half an hour from my uni yay. I definitely take advantage of this as I love the city with all my heart. I think growing up in the countryside has urbanised me, as I definitely will not be happy anywhere else. It is absolutely buzzing and I love it. All the noise and the hustle and bustle. The general unfriendliness of everyone, the pollution, the culture, the museums, the attractions - I love it all. Good and bad. Today I was in my capital, not only to catch up with my friend and my brother (which I did and twas great) but also to be very sophisticated and visit some of the attractions I have not yet seen.

Therefore first of all I visited the Sherlock Holmes Museum at 221b Baker Street. I don't know what made it suddenly pop into my head but I just fancied visiting the place. To be honest, it is very overpriced for what it is and it did strike me half way round, that I was looking round the museum of a fictional character. Someone who did not even exist. But I am a huge fan of the stories and the house was pretty cool. So I am glad that I did it.

What was a lot more satisfying and infinitely more interesting was the art gallery I visited - the Stephen Wiltishire gallery. For anyone who has not heard of this artist - go and look him up now. He is incredible. I did an assignment on him last year so know a stalker-ish amount of information on him but his detailed city scapes of London's scenery are absolutely amazing. You can spend hours gazing at the drawings and notice different things. Plus his use of colour (or lack of) is extremely interesting and gave me hundreds of words analysing why he chose to emphasise certain aspect of his drawings with colour. A truly talented man.

I rounded off my day with the best bit - seeing Wicked in the theatre. I have been looking forward to this for so so long, it is insane. Have literally owned the soundtrack for about 5 or 6 years and now having finally seen it, knows why everyone obsesses over it. It's absolutely perfect and have not had a better evening in such a long time - a full review will be coming soon. A very positive one.


Then on the 2nd February, I had my second cultured day of the week in Bath. I had forgotten how much I love this city. So so different from London, especially in its beauty and the fact that it does not feel like a city at all! It's another place that I could see myself living in. I just love it and that is all.

Like what I say?
Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CharlotteCoster
Follow me on Pinterest http://www.pinterest.com/CharliCoster/
Follow me on Instagram http://instagram.com/walkingintothesun
Like me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/theworldwetread

No comments:

Post a Comment