Sunday, 7 April 2013

Live, laugh, love

This is a quote that seems to be terribly in fashion at the moment...like carpe diem or YOLO used to be (don't even get me started on them, that's a whole other blog post and we could be here for a while). I have seen it literally everywhere from notebooks to little wooden plaques to hangy-on-the-door things to full blown canvases. So why is everyone obsessing over it so much? And more importantly what does it mean?

One way it can be written is (to) Live (you have to) Laugh (and) Love. And this is what makes up life. I don't think you can have a truly compelling life unless you do all three of these things. With love, it doesn't have to even be a person, although I should say a person is preferable really. But it could be an animal, a job, a hobby...anything that makes you happy =] which I know is not always the case in relationships. But if you care deeply enough about anything, it will make life worth living.

Laughing is one of the most important things you can do in life as well. And I don't mean little giggles, I mean proper, going-to-die-because-I-can't-breathe laughing. It makes life so much better and also allows you to forget all your little problems. Mostly because you are worried where your next breath is coming from and whether you are going to suffocate as a result. All my favourite moments in my day are when I am surrounded by people I love and they say something which is just so totally mind blowingly hilarious that is so unexpected that you can't stop for about half an hour. I don't know if it's just me but somehow I tend to do this alot when I meet up with old friends.

Finally: live. This is so simple yet so easily forgotten. With all the stresses of jobs, uni, school, relationships and everything else going on, it is so so easy for life to pass us by. Every now and then, forget the everyday little things that go wrong and just simply live. Stay in bed the whole day reading your favourite book, visit a town you have never seen, book a last minute holiday, act spontaneously, call someone you haven't talked to in a year, go out for dinner...anything that you want. Remember that life is yours to be lived in any way you choose. And, to coin that terribly clich├ęd phrase, you only live once. So use it wisely and do everything that you want to. No one is stopping you other than yourself.
Like what I say?
Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CharlotteCoster
Follow me on Pinterest http://www.pinterest.com/CharliCoster/
Follow me on Instagram http://instagram.com/walkingintothesun
Like me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/theworldwetread

No comments:

Post a Comment