Tuesday, 24 December 2013

My Advent Calendar


Over the years I have had every single type of advent calendar imaginable: religious ones, funny ones with jokes in, chocolate ones, posh ones and homemade ones...so this year I decided to do something a little bit different. Each day, I gave myself a different treat. As you can see in the list below, it didn't always involve spending a load of money and sometimes it was only small. But every day I managed to think of something that made that day special.

And just a little note about these treats...they weren't always planned. Sometimes I would reach the end of the day and realise I hadn't really done anything 'exciting'. Or I had (on the odd day) a frankly horrible time. But looking at the list, you wouldn't be able to tell which ones they were because on reflecting on that day, I was always able to find something that I had enjoyed doing. Something that made the day, just a little bit brighter. And that's probably a good resolution to live by. If you're always looking for the good, you are going to be a much happier person, and it will help you become more upbeat, generally.

So here's my list. I might start doing this throughout the whole year....makes life seem a little more thrilling.

Sunday December 1st - Visited Winter Wonderland
Monday December 2nd - Coffee and cinema with my best friend
Tuesday December 3rd - put on fresh bed sheets (BEST FEELING EVER - just saying)
Wednesday December 4th - Buck's Fizz and doughnut night
Thursday December 5th - had a celebratory meal with my fellow Spark* editors
Friday December 6th - had a Christmas singsong
Saturday December 7th - surprised my sister
Sunday December 8th - had a pub roast
Monday December 9th - wore my Christmas jumper
Tuesday December 10th - booked theatre tickets
Wednesday December 11th - visited the Coca Cola Christmas Truck
Thursday December 12th - had a drunken  dance
Friday December 13th - completed my placement
Saturday December 14th -  Went to the theatre
Sunday December 15th - had a pajama day
Monday December 16th - caught up with a friend I hadn't seen in a while
Tuesday December 17th - drank a celebratory mulled cider
Wednesday December 18th - went to bed with a hot water bottle 
Thursday December 19th - watched a Christmas film
Friday December 20th - had a family get together
Saturday December 21st - was cosy & warm inside while listening to the rain on the window pane
Sunday December 22nd - had cake for breakfast
Monday December 23rd - had a festive latte
Tuesday December 24th - went to the beach and watched the waves crash against the sea barrier


Like what I say?
Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CharlotteCoster
Follow me on Pinterest http://www.pinterest.com/CharliCoster/
Follow me on Instagram http://instagram.com/walkingintothesun
Like me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/theworldwetread

No comments:

Post a Comment