Tuesday, 26 August 2014

Blogger's Love Fashion Week Pre Party hosted by bloggerslove.co.uk


So here is a little Coster first for me...I went to my first ever blogger event, hosted by the wonderful ladies at Bloggers Love and Blogging Gals.

Having never been to anything like this, I didn't really know what to expect and was absolutely wetting myself with nerves. I thought everyone would be these super cool, super beautiful girls, who were all dressed exquisitely and wrote really quirky fashion blogs. And I definitely thought they would be slightly intimidating, making me feel frumpy/unfashionable.

BUT, it wasn't like that at all. Everybody was really nice...shock horror... and I wasn't the only one who was attending their first blogging event either. I was made to feel so welcome, everyone was really friendly and it was amazing to finally meet some of the faces I had begun to recognise from Twitter. Blogging can be so lonely at times, sat on your own, in front of a computer screen, it was great to get out of the house and meet some great people who had similar interests to mine.

The event was located in the heart of London at Number One Leicester Square, up on the top floor which gave us a pretty cool view of the city. Or it would have if it wasn't so darn wet. However, the rain didn't dampen any of our spirits, or our outfits too much. Everyone still looked totally fantastic. There were some great designers showing some of their pieces and I had a lovely chat with the people at Vania Couture, who make beautiful handmade dresses suitable for events and weddings. They were completely gorgeous and so intricately made. A lot of love goes into every single one.

I also got a chance to have a chat with the lovely Emily Darcy who gave me loads of advice about photography, cameras and how to improve the pictures on my blog (namely by not using an IPhone). She was really encouraging and once I have improved my photography, I will be reopening my fashion blog over at what-she-wearing.blogspot.co.uk so look forward to that. She was also telling me all about her experiences of photographing celebrities (who knew that Joey Essex is actually a really intelligent guy?!)

Apart from that I just kind of wandered around a little and I was able to meet so many wonderful people who had all sorts of different blogs. I had a really great evening. Thanks so much for organising it, Bloggers Love, and have fun at the two events next week. I can't make the actual Fashion Week events unfortunately, so go head over to bloggerslove.co.uk to check out all the updates. Hopefully I will join you on another event soon.

Like what I say?
Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CharlotteCoster
Follow me on Pinterest http://www.pinterest.com/CharliCoster/
Follow me on Instagram http://instagram.com/walkingintothesun
Like me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/theworldwetread

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't make this event so it's great to see what I missed. It looks like a really good night!
    Ive always said I bet Joey Essex is really smart in real life!

    Jenn
    Photo-Jenn-ic

    ReplyDelete