Sunday, 30 November 2014

I've been nominated


Amongst all the other excitement going on with the UK Blog Awards, I have also been nominated for what is known as a Liebster Award. Yay.

This type of award is ever so slightly different so let me explain.

The Liebster Award has been around for a little while now and the basic idea of it is to encourage bloggers to interact with each other. As well as enabling readers to swiftly flit from blog to blog, finding out more about us bloggers as they go. When you are nominated, you answer the 10 questions which that blogger has been desperate to find out about you. And then you nominate 10 more bloggers to answer 10 questions of your choosing.

I was nominated by Madeline over at Madeline's Mosaics and you can read her Liebster nomination post here http://www.madelinesmosaics.com/2014/11/ive-been-nominated-liebster-award.html

She asked me the following questions so here goes...I'm excited...

1. When did you start your blog and what is one thing you wish you would have done differently?

I have actually already kind of answered that here in my previous blogpost http://charlottecoster.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/what-blogging-means-to-me.html. I started blogging around the Olympics in the summer of 2012 and I don't think I would have done anything different actually. I like the way it has progressed over the past couple of years and I love the way it looks now. So I think I would have kept it exactly the same.

2. What's your favourite childhood memory?
 
My childhood was quite idyllic growing up in a little village by the sea in the south of England. I have amazing parents, four great siblings who I adore and then my family stretched even further when I started boarding school aged 11. I was so lucky to have so many different experiences and just a nutty childhood, where I grew up with my friends constantly around me, all night and all day. That school in general, was probably my favourite childhood memory and little moments absolutely made it unforgettable (eg having a genuine punch up with my now-best friend of 11 years through a curtain, and desperately trying to stay awake for a midnight feast but failing; telling ghost stories on our founder's day night and freaking ourselves out; pillow fights (or dorm raids as we liked to call them)...and so many more...I should do a blogpost on that.)
 
3. Who inspires you the most? For your blog or in general
 
This is a tough one...I don't really have anyone who inspired me. There are definitely people who I look up to and sometimes wish I could be like (nearly all my family members and friends; a smattering of celebrities and the Queen). But they don't exactly inspire me. I don't sit down and write because of them. And I don't act the way I do because of them. I write because I want to and because I have something to say. So in that way...I inspire me (and I don't mean that as arrogantly as it sounds). I also have this nagging self esteem issue which is that I have to try and impress everyone and make them proud of me....so in that way it's my family and friends who inspire me. Because they are the ones who I want to impress so they inadvertently make me the best that I can be.  
 
4. Favourite candy?
 
I am not a huge fan of sweets but Maoms are good and toffee crisp chocolate bars are yummy. And fudge...so sickly but so good all the same.
 
5. Post the link to your favourite post to date
 
I have already done this recently too...you can read my top 10 favourite blogposts here http://charlottecoster.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/top-10-articles-i-have-written.html. Sorry I know it's kind of cheating but I couldn't possibly choose one. That's like trying to choose your favourite child.
 
6. Favourite types of blog posts to read and write? (DIY, fashion, lists, personal, etc)
 
I love it when I have been away and can do a travel blogpost. Somehow I just get into the craziest entertaining scrapes with my friends when I go travelling and I always feel like my writing is at its best because I am so passionate about it. Plus the posts look lovely, because all the pictures are beautiful. Check out my travel tab for those posts.
 
7. If I gave you $100 right now, what would you buy?
 
Theatre tickets. Without a doubt. I LOVE the theatre but am quite snobby about it so I only really go to the West End in London or to see West End casts on tour. Therefore, of course, it's all very expensive but there is so much I want to see. With over £100 I could see three or four shows yay.
 
8. What do you binge? (Netflix, books, buy camera gear, etc.)
 
I buy a lot of books. And I mean A LOT. There is a great second hand bookshop in my town and I buy roughly one a week from there, which is crazy because I definitely can't read that many. But I just can't help myself. I also buy stationary all the time as well. I love pretty notebooks and writing by hand is the best.
 
9. If you could have a superpower, what could it be? 
 
To fly, so I could go wherever I wanted in the world and see extraordinary views.
 
10. What does your workspace look like for writing blog posts? 
 
I hate to admit it, but I write in bed. I tried for a while to write at my desk but it is opposite the window, which allows far too much scope for daydreaming (plus there is a rabbit who seems to escape it's owners every day and affords me far too much amusement.) On top of that, it is so SO cold in my house. Which means it's completely necessary to write in bed for my own wellbeing. And actually it does work pretty well for me. I have a V-shaped pillow that I snuggle into and then can spread out across the bed. It's important to be comfortable when you are writing.
 
Now it's my turn to call the shots...
 
 
I nominate you all to do the same. Make sure you:
 
1, Link back to the blog who nominated you (me)
2. Answer the questions I set out below
3. Nominate ten more blogs to answer 10 different questions
4. Comment on this post when you are done to continue the trail
 
What I want to know is this...
 
1. If you could have an interview with anyone for your blog who would it be and what would you ask (give at least 1 example question)?
2. What is your favourite place on earth and where's the place you would most like to visit?
3. In 150 years time how would you like to be remembered?
4. Why do you blog?
5. Which Hogwarts house would you be sorted into?  
6. What was your favourite subject at school?
7.If you could live anyone's life for just one day, whose would it be?
8. Who or what would you not be able to live without?
9. Paperback or Kindle? And why?
10. What do you want to achieve by Christmas 2015?
 
Let's keep this ball rolling.
 
Like what I say?
Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CharlotteCoster
Follow me on Pinterest http://www.pinterest.com/CharliCoster/
Follow me on Instagram http://instagram.com/walkingintothesun
Like me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/theworldwetread

2 comments:

  1. I loved reading this! I binge buy notebooks too! And I write my blog posts in my bed when it's cold, so no shame. ;)

    Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Charlotte,
    I posted my nomination! Thank you so much!
    http://myunsettlinglife.blogspot.com.br/2014/12/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete