Monday, 17 November 2014

Speed Dating with Originaldating.com


I have talked about being single a lot on this blog. I don't mind being single at all, but that isn't to say that I want to be single forever. And once you are out of university, suddenly meeting new people becomes a hell of a lot harder.

One thing I have never tried and always seemed like fun was speed dating. So when I was invited to join the originaldating.com speed dating event in London this weekend, I jumped at the chance to give it a go. And I was very excited about taking part.

That is, right up until the point where I entered the bar. I became absolutely terrified. The prospect of meeting about 15 strangers in quick succession made me almost turn around and walk out again. But I am so glad I stuck with it because I actually had a really great night.

The way it works is pretty simple and is exactly how you might expect speed dating to work. The females sit one to a table and then the males move around them spending four minutes with each. Which is an ideal amount of time. Surprisingly, I actually found with most of them, that it wasn't enough and just as it becomes interesting you are being told to move on by a aggressively high-pitched whistle. Alongside this, you are told to download an app called Mixeo and this is how you enter your matches. You each have a number and once you have entered this, you can access their profile and therefore make your choice of 'yes' 'no' or 'friend.'

So this event is pretty perfect whatever you are looking for. If you just want a fun night out, you can drink and giggle you way through it as I did. If you have just moved to London and want to meet people, it is a great way to make a bunch of new friends. Or if you are genuinely searching for The One there is the chance of finding it here as well. It is such a chilled out event, and suitable for absolutely any type of person. As we were in central London, I also expected all the people to be quite similar - the businessy type people who turned up in suits and complained how their job didn't allow them to have a social life. However, there weren't any of them (and no one in suits unfortunately - I love a good suit) and instead, there was such a varied bunch of people who were all entertaining in their own way.

I would definitely recommend this well organised and fun event. So check out www.originaldating.com for more info and to see the dates of the events that are coming up in the next few weeks. I guarantee you will have an entertaining evening and even make a friend or two.

Like what I say?
Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CharlotteCoster
Follow me on Pinterest http://www.pinterest.com/CharliCoster/
Follow me on Instagram http://instagram.com/walkingintothesun
Like me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/theworldwetread

No comments:

Post a Comment