Sunday, 9 November 2014

Top 10 Articles I have Written


Over the past few weeks, I have been doing nothing but blogging. And writing my novel. And then blogging a bit more. The aim of giving my blog so much attention was trying to make it simply fantastic for all you lovely people, to tempt you into voting for me in the UK Blog Awards (I'm up for the Lifestyle and Young Person Recognition categories. Just saying...again.) So I have been trying to revisit the majority of my posts (all 135 of them) to check they are shipshape before everything kicks off tomorrow.

And it has made me realise, there are just so many great ones that I have forgotten about. Ones which I really loved writing and which meant a lot to me. So here is a list of my favourites (in no particular order). I hope you like them too and if I missed any that you particularly loved, let me know =]


It was the Best of Times, It was the Worst of Times
I wrote this article the night before I graduated, reflecting all about my time at uni. It was actually one of the easiest articles I had ever written, just flowing straight out of me, completely unplanned and fairly straightforwardly. Which hardly ever happens. It was great.

Dear Me
This was actually part of a poetry challenge which I didn't spend very long doing because I didn't want my blog to become overwhelmed by my mediocre poetic skills. But this poem, all about what advice I would give to my teenage self, was quite good. Though I do say so myself. It was quite readable, and it rhymed. Win.

Write 30 Interesting Facts about yourself
This, again, was part of a different challenge. One that I succeeded in doing, where I had to blog every day for a month on certain topics. Day 06 was to write 30 interesting facts about myself which is very self indulgent but was quite fun. So if you want to learn a little more about me, check this out.


Life without a mobile phone
I wrote this just after experiencing the emotional trauma of my iphone being stolen while I was in Spain. It is a comment on how mobile communications have taken over our lives and how that's not always a good thing.

Spain
My new year's trip to Madrid wasn't the best trip I have ever been on but a lot of hilarious stuff happened. So definitely check this one out.

Single Life at university
This is only a short article but I came up with this analogy myself and I was quite proud of it.


Boarding Schools
Whenever I meet someone new, they are always intrigued by the fact that I went to boarding school and surprised that I actually enjoyed. And here I briefly go into why it is fun. Boarding school was my home for the majority of my childhood, and is why I became the person I am today, so I really enjoyed sharing some of my experiences with you.

Things which your parents provide that no one else can
Parents are important...and here's why.


The Avengers vs the New Avengers
This article is definitely geeky. But if you are a fantasy film fanatic, check this out.

Is the Olympics making us less British? and How to be British - a guide for those who are not
These two are quite similar so I thought I would stick them both into my final slot. All about being British and what makes up our culture. I wrote this while the Olympics were going on, so my national identity was clearly on my mind.

Like what I say?
Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CharlotteCoster
Follow me on Pinterest http://www.pinterest.com/CharliCoster/
Follow me on Instagram http://instagram.com/walkingintothesun
Like me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/theworldwetread

No comments:

Post a Comment