Sunday, 8 February 2015

Getting to know me - The A-Z of Charlotte



Perusing twitter the other day, as I seem to spend my life doing, I spotted this great little blogging tag over on www.littlemisskaty.co.uk and thought it was such fun. Plus it fits in perfectly with my Getting to Know me Blogging series so I thought I would give it a go so you can find out a little more about the things which make me tick. Hope you enjoy.

Alcohol
I have a bit of a love hate relationship with this particular substance. Occasionally I drink a touch too much and do THE MOST RIDICULOUS THINGS. But doesn't everyone? And I just love a good cocktail or two.  

Books
Books are my life. I own a ridiculous amount; I am always reading; I am writing one... life would be a little bit darker without them. They are just such good escapism, where I can forget my own problems and throw myself into a brand new world for a bit.

Coffee shops
Coffee shops are just the best. I adore the smell and the atmosphere. It's one of my favourite things to do, simply going to sit in them and people watch or read or write or catch up with friends. I love coffee but I have become so snobby about it - I never ever make it myself any more. It's a very expensive habit to get into.

Dresses
I barely wear anything else. And I own around 65 at last count. I am sure that's gone up though, I buy a new one at an average rate of one a shopping trip.

Exploring
Another of my favourite things to do. I am a bit of a restless wanderer and I am forever looking for new experiences and new places to visit. There is so much in this world to see, it would be a waste if you stayed in the same place for your whole life.
 
Family and friends
They are everything to me. I have no idea where I would be without them.


Glasses
I was first forced to wear these aged 4 and they've been my constant companion ever since. Various friends and opticians keep on trying to persuade me to get contacts instead but I would just feel weird if I stopped wearing them. I quite like them really, they are kind of part of my face now and I think I would look strange without them.
 
Height
I am very tall. For a girl anyway. Which I am a bit self conscious about but ultimately it's a good thing. And it's the absolute best when I go to gigs. My view is always good, wherever I might be standing.

Inter-railing in Italy
My favourite holiday that I have ever been on was when I went inter-railing around Italy, the summer before last (which you can read about here http://charlottecoster.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/interrailing-around-italy.html). That country is just so beautiful, the food is amazing and it was a hilarious trip with a pair of sisters who are two of my closest friends. Everything about it was incredible.

Jon and Jo and Jack
My three best friends: Two guys one girl, two I met at uni, one at school. They're all nuts, they all keep me sane.


Kids
I love children and I am pretty great with them. I have a great many little cousins, all of whom I adore. I worked with them, when I was a sales consultant in a baby shop and back when I trained as a primary school teacher. And now I am a piano teacher so I am still working with them. I come from a large family myself (I have two brothers and two sisters) so I think I want four of my own one day. Might leave that for about 10 years though.  

London
This is definitely my favourite place in the UK. I love our capital. Living just outside it, I am there on an almost weekly basis. There is so much to do, lots of my friends live there and there are some bits that are absolutely stunning. I am trying to save up so I can live there at some point in the next century.

Music
This has always been such a huge part of my life ever since I can remember. I got a distinction in grade 8 clarinet when I was 17 and am grade 8 standard in piano and singing although I never took the exams. And I am now a piano teacher. It is so satisfying to think that I am starting these kids off on a massive journey that will hopefully last their whole lives, like it has with me.

New Girl
I adore this programme. It's the only thing I will religiously watch every week. And Zooey Deschanel is just a goddess.
 
Ocean 
I love the sea. My parents live by the sea and I basically grew up on the beach. When I am angry or sad, I tend to walk along the beach and it immediately calms me down. Works every time. Now that I am living in Reading, one of the most land-locked towns in the UK, I do actually find myself getting withdrawal symptoms. So whenever I go back to visit my parents, a walk along the beach is the first thing I do.
 
Phobia
I have the ultra-clichéd phobia of spiders. For a while I thought I might just be scared of them. But a couple of years ago, I was in my room, knowing that there was one somewhere on the landing and I couldn't physically leave my bedroom. I couldn't do it. I think that allows me to diagnose myself as having a phobia.

Quizzes 
I am addicted to personality quizzes. And I spend my life on Buzz Feed, reading them as part of my procrastination. So if you ever want to know what Mean Girls character I am (Karen) or what Disney princess I would be (Belle) or what Harry Potter character I would marry (Draco - I am not sure what that says about me) I could tell you.

Reading
As in the place 'Reading', not 'reading'. It's where I live, where I went to uni and where I essentially became an adult. I like it here.

School
My boarding school, Christ's Hospital is where I grew up. It is one of the best, worst, most stressful, most hilarious periods of my life. It was so much more than a school, it was my home and a little piece of me will remain there forever. It made me who I am today.

Theatre
Anyone who reads my blog or my Twitter will know I don't just love the theatre, I LOVE the theatre. I am totally addicted to it and go all the time. Much to the horror of my crying bank balance. But, similarly to reading books, I just love the escapism. I have seen about 25 shows in the West End (which you can view here http://charlottecoster.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/list-of-performances-i-have-been-to-see.html) and there aren't many that I don't like. The talent and the range of stories and songs, is all so amazing.

USA
I am obsessed with the US and have always always wanted to visit.It seems like the UK but bigger and better. I need to go.

Valentine's Day 
My least favourite day of the year. My friends laugh at me and call me (jokingly I hope) bitter, but I just think it's ridiculous that you are forced to show your love to your partners on a specific day. Simply so they can sell you crap. You should show love every day, and if you are going to buy gifts and stuff, then you have your own special day to do it - your anniversary or whatever. There is no real reason to have this extra day of love in the middle of February, it's purely for commercial purposes - and that's what I hate about it. Rant over.

Writing
It is my life. It's the first thing I do in the morning, it's the last day at night. And almost every hour in between. I blog consistently, I write for about 5 websites, I am writing a novel, I write poetry....no wonder I don't do anything else. The sooner I start getting paid for it, the better.

X  
I have kissed a lot of frogs...is it now time to find my prince (bleurgh I can't believe I just wrote that, but seriously, what do you do for x - stupid letter).
 
Yo-sushi
I only discovered my love for sushi a short while ago. But I am addicted. I think the idea that you can start eating straight away and don't have to wait for the food to be brought out, is inspired and probably why I like it so much. It's become a bit of a habit with me and my old housemate, that whenever we meet for a catch up, we go for sushi. So yummy, but I always end up spending so much and becoming uncomfortably full. My eyes are definitely bigger than my stomach.

Zips
I hate them. A weird thing to hate I know but somehow I always break them and then end up being not able to wear a dress or worse, getting stuck in a dress. More and more, I tend to buy elasticated dresses and ones with buttons these days.

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed your post and I'm watching your YT video :) as I type. Well done for going for it. It's really nice seeing you speak after enjoying your posts on The Bookshop Cafe :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you so much....that's so kind of you to say =] x

      Delete